Death By Nutella: Nutella Fudge Crumble






First, I would like to thank my friend Fanny for getting me an industrial sized Nutella tub. That is true friendship. Lugging it back home, I mused on what I could possibly do with all 26.5 ounces of nutty chocolate love. My solution was bookmarked on my computer, a recipe for Nutella fudge crumble. If you intend to make this, it is a serious commitment to Nutella. This thick, fudgy, crunchy topped oatmeal treat can only be washed down with a cold glass of milk. I suggest small servings to refrain from drowning in a Nutella overload (not like it would be such a bad thing...).



Nutella Fudge Crumble
adapted from eatmycakenow

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
10-13 ounces Nutella (approximately one tub)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 8x8 baking pan.
2. Mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add melted butter to the mixture. Divide the dough in half.
3. Taking one half of the dough, gently press dough to the bottom of the baking pan, making the first layer.
4. Pour Nutella over the first layer of dough. While I wrote one tub of Nutella, it depends on how thick of a Nutella layer you prefer. This is a very sweet dessert so I would recommend around 8 ounces, which would make it more of a bar cookie instead. Add more or less if you wish.
5. Gently crumble the remaining dough over Nutella.
6. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the oatmeal topping is golden. Do not overbake unless you like a crunchy crust and topping. I must admit, it tastes much better when it isn't so granola-esque. Cool for approximately one hour before cutting.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

This recipe looks great, and I can't wait to try it =) One quick question though, would pulsing the dry ingredient mixture a bit before adding the flavor significantly alter the crumbly texture of the of the oatmeal topping?

May 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Johana said...

I never thought about pulsing it before. I think if you pulse the oatmeal crumble it'll turn out more sandy, like dry pie crust? I don't know if there's enough moisture for it to hold up... : /

May 19, 2010 at 1:22 AM
Anonymous said...

nutella = death.

but i'd take a risk with that

May 19, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Post a Comment