Campfire S'mores Cookies







This is probably the recipe that most of my friends have been waiting for, considering I made multiple batches and had them try it. For a while, this recipe was pretty popular around the internet, and for good reason. It is very sweet, and to me that makes it so much better. Instead of graham crackers, I actually used cinnamon toast crunch cereal. Let's just say, WOW. I love love love how the cookie batter turned out. It's soft and chewy, with a caramelized taste and texture due to the cereal. The second time I made it, I didn't even need to use chocolate chips in the batter, the chocolate pieces and marshmallow were good enough. Aesthetically and epicureanly pleasing, these cookies are a crowd please. Best thing about 'em, they taste great the day after. If they even last that long.








I played around with the recipe after running out of Hershey chocolate bars. I drizzled them with with Nutella instead and even used Whoppers I had lying around. Improvisation can lead to magical things.




Campfire S'mores Cookies
adapted from Stephanie Cooks

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, pulverized or smashed into crumbs
1 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon salt
Dash of cinnamon1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups of mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
2 Hershey's Chocolate Bar, chopped into chunks

1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
2. Mix flour, cereal crumbs, baking soda,salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Make sure to fully incorporate the first egg before adding the next.
4. Slowly combine the flour mixture into the butter mixture until incorporated. Add in mini chocolate chips.
5. Place scoops of cookie dough on a cookie sheet (parchment or wax paper can really come in handy). Bake for eight minutes or until almost done.
6. Remove from oven and place marshmallow and chocolate pieces into each cookie. I usually like to add three mini marshmallows and two broken pieces of chocolate. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 3-4 minutes or until done.
7. Cool on rack before handling. I repeat, they are very fragile while warm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment